Balm of Gilead
There is a Balm in Gilead, To make the wounded whole,
There is a Balm in Gilead, To heal the sin sick soul.
A warming oil, Balm of Gilead is made from Cottonwood tree buds & has a mild aromatic balsam scent. This oil is renowned for its anti- inflammatory & vasodilator actions. It effectively limbers stiff joints & is good for pain due to sprains, hyper- extensions, mild arthritic joint pain, muscle pain from over use & any swelling or pain due to inflammation or congestion, needing hot or cold treatments.
This oil also provides relief from tendinitis pain.
An oil or salve "ALL HEAL" made with this resin can be used to bring pain relief caused by swelling, arthritis, strains and general muscle pains.
According to author Michael Moore “Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West”: The active ingredients are salicin and populin, pain relievers and anti-inflammatories (it cools things down) related to aspirin.
*Analgesic (calms the pain).
*The buds are also antiseptic.
A compound called salicin, which is found in the leaves, buds and bark of cottonwood, has been proven to lower fevers and reduce inflammation and pain. The resin contains medicinal compounds with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and vasodilatin properties that can be applied topically to treat sprains, hyperextension, arthritic joints, hemorrhoids, and burns.”
It helps to regenerate the tissue fast.
Uses (topical only):
- pain relief: gently massage the spot for a while until skin gets hot or use the hit pad)
- for body massage (as needed) (soothing, moisturising, emolient)
- great for varicoze veins problems
- for hair treatment (massage the scalp; it is better to leave it through the night)
- irritated skin, burns (including sunburns), cuts and wounds
- eczema, rashes, psoriasis
- rheumatoid arthritis; sore muscles. Use before the sport activity to prevent sore muscles.
- It is great for pets with any injuries / infections
- For a hot dry cough
- The oil is a nice after-bath body moisturizer
- Mosquito bite, bee/wasp
Active components: Cottonwood is rich in a soft balsamic resin, a yellow volatile oil, principally humulene; gallic acid, malic acid, salicin, populin, mannitol, chrysin, fixed oil, tectochrysin, arachidonic acid, trichocarpin, and bisabolol 45
Careful: We are all different. Please try small amount to see if your body will accept it; especially if you are allergic to aspirin.
Store: at room temperature out of the sunlight.
- Apply after bath or shower or anytime, as often as necessary
Ingredients: wild-crafted extract of locally grown Poplar Buds (Populus nigra, P. Canadensis), celandine based on cold pressed organic extra virgin olive oil.
Package: ambor glass pharmacy bottle, 110 ml.
This information is solely for informational purposes. It is not intended to provide medical advice. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).